Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Formatting Your Paper
Instructions for formatting the paper are not explicitly stated in the AMA Manual of Style. Please check with your instructor for guidelines on margins, line spacing, fonts, indents, title page, etc.
Headings: Section 2.8 of the AMA Manual of Style recommends using headings, so the paper is easier to read.
- Create concise Titles & Subtitles
- Construct an Abstract that summarizes your paper.
- For a research paper: Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion, and Conclusion.
- All other papers: Minimum of 2 headings.
- Check with your instructor for additional guidance.