Where to Publish
The decision on where to submit a manuscript for publication is an important decision. Especially for early-career authors working to meet their professional goals such as tenure review, grant funding, and to reach the audience that would recognize the quality of their work. Authors may follow many paths in deciding where to publish their research. There are a number of clues to the quality of a journal, publisher or conference.
Librarians can assist you with:
- Providing resources to identify journals in which to publish,
- Suggesting ways to choose the right journal to publish in,
- Informing of the pros and cons of open access journals,
- Checking for journal impact factors within InCites,
- Learning about predatory journals and publishers before submitting your manuscript,
- Checking where a journal is indexed.
Resources for Publishing