Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
To find journal articles online:
- use HPD Library databases
- Quick Links = most frequently used databases
- use the FINDIT NSU button to linkout to PDFs
Use your Shark Link login:
NSU faculty, students, staff= your NSU username and password
[Example: firstname.lastname@example.org - user name is smith1212 ]
NSU clinical faculty, guests, public library patrons = last name and HPD Library ID number -
Contact HPD Front Desk for help: 954-262-3106 or email@example.com
Your Shark Link login identifies you as a patron of HPD Library and provides FREE access to articles.
If you access databases from work or a hospital, your firewall at work may block the Shark Link login pop-up window. Set your Internet Options Security tab (Under Tools) to Medium or lower to allow the Shark Link login to operate.
Avoid using phrases or sentences for Search Terms. Use the most important Keyword in each search box.
- MeSH terms tutorial / Search MeSH database for Medical Subject Headings to use for search terms
- single Keywords
- if you must use a phrase, enclose it in quotation marks to keep your words grouped together, such as "pharmacist role"
Boolean logic is used to search databases.
Rockwell Schrock's Boolean Machine tutorial on Boolean Logic.