Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Use the databases listed on this page for subject searching.
- These resources allow you to search multiple journals at once for articles on your topic.
- Need help using the databases? Check out our Database Search Tips guide
- If the full-text article is not available right there next to the citation/abstract, use the Find It link to locate it.
- If the database does not provide a limiter/filter option for peer-reviewed articles, use Ulrichsweb to confirm if an article is from a peer reviewed journal.
- CINAHL Complete is a comprehensive source of full-text for nursing & allied health journals, providing full text for more than 1,300 journals indexed in CINAHL.
- National Library of Medicine's bibliographic database, contains over 30 million citations from 1946 to the present.
- Note: If you prefer, you can also search MEDLINE via the PubMED or OVID search interfaces.
Other Recommended Research Databases
Citations and abstracts on health-related, public policy, social and fiscal issues related to aging. Sources include scholarly and consumer-oriented publications.
Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (EBSCO)
Bibliography of controlled trials. Includes information from journals, conference proceedings and other sources not included in other databases.
Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (EBSCO)
Full-text articles/reviews, as well as protocols focusing on the effects of healthcare.
Information on pharmacological and biomedical literature from EMBASE (since 1974) and from MEDLINE (since 1966). Includes Medline and other unique title indexing
Citations and abstracts of randomized controlled trials, systematic reviews, and evidence-based clinical practice guidelines in physiotherapy
ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health (ProQuest)
Excellent for students and researchers in nursing, community health sciences, communications disorders and other health-related disciplines. Full text from over 250 leading nursing and allied health journals back to mid-1990's; indexing back to 1980's
Citations and abstracts to literature in psychology, the behavioral sciences, and other related disciplines. Includes psychological research and its applications.
Comprehensive source of full text for sports & sports medicine journals, providing full text for more than 490 journals with coverage dating back to 1985
Web of Science
Science Citation Index Expanded (1975-present)
Social Sciences Citation Index (1975-present)
Arts & Humanities Citation Index (1975-present)
Global Health is the only specialist bibliographic, abstracting and indexing database dedicated to public health research and practice. Publications from over 158 countries in 50 languages are abstracted, and all relevant non-English language papers are translated to give access to research not available through any other database.
NSU Database Lists
List of resources providing dissertations
Tests & Measurements
Informational guide on locating research instruments as well as studies using specific research instruments