Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
We Don't Have the Material You Need?
If we do not have what you are looking for, you can request it from another library using Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
- This is a free service.
- ILL will try to obtain the material from another library system somewhere in the United States.
- This service can take several days (3-10 business days--sometimes sooner).
- Please carefully read the policies listed on the ILL page for more information about this service.
You can request the following materials:
- book chapters
- journal articles
- conference papers
Instructions to submit request:
- Go to ILL.
- Click on the "LOGIN/ORDER HERE" button in the middle of the page.
- Log in with your SharkLink ID and password.
- On the left-hand side menu, under "New Request" click on the type of material. For example: "Journal Article."
- Enter the requested information in all of the required fields on the form.
- Click on "Submit Request."
- If the ILL department is able to obtain the physical material (book or dissertation), they will mail it to you (to the address listed). We will mail it for free, but you are responsible for the return postage.
- If the ILL department is able to obtain the material electronically, you will receive an email with a link to your ILLiad account (pictured here). Once you log in, click on "Electronically Received Articles" to view the article or book chapter.
**Please note: if you do not see a screen similar to the image pictured here when you log in to make the request, try a different browser or clear your cookies, cache, history, close your browser and try again.**
If you need help, please contact us.