Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Martin and Gail Press HPD Library Catalog
Search the HPD Library Collection for Books, eBooks, Print Journals:
Search the e-Book Collection only:
Online Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
HPD Inter-Library Loan and Document Delivery (ILLIAD) Service
Misuse or abuse of the HPD ILL/DocDel Service may result in blocked privileges and/or disciplinary action.
Distance Patron Services
HPD Distance Patrons :
A - have HPD as their home library
B - visit the NSU Davie campus "less than" once per week
- All requests are subject to approval
- Patrons are limited to a maximum of five (5) requests per day
- HPD Distance Patrons may request materials materials that are both available and not available from the NSU Library collections
- HPD Distance Patrons should not request books that are required texts for their classes (such materials are considered a student's responsibility). Requests for these materials will not be filled beyond reasonable efforts and accommodations.
- HPD Distance Patrons are limited to a maximum of five (5) requests per day
- Books and other "returnable materials" will be mailed via Media Mail with signature confirmation
- HPD Distance Patrons agree to return materials by their Due Dates (Requests for due date extensions are subject to approval by the library that owns the material)
- HPD Distance Patrons are provided with an envelope and mailing label for the return of materials
- HPD Distance Patrons may return the materials either through "Media Mail" at their own expense OR drop off the material at an NSU Student Educational Center (SEC)
- Articles are made available for electronic pick-up within each patron's ILLiad account
- Books that are available in the HPD Reserve collection will not be mailed. Patrons may A - purchase these materials or B - borrow them from a local ibrary or C - submit a request for chapters from those materials to be scanned and electronically delivered
- Scanned Chapters from books are restricted as follows : A - No more than one (1) chapter per week, per patron; B - No more than 20% of the whole work may be delivered to the same patron within 12 months
- All requests are subject to Fair Use and/or Copyright restrictions and are usually handled in accordance to the National Commission on New Technological Uses (CONTU) Guidelines
"Hold" service for books from Alvin Sherman Library
WHAT IS THE ONLINE “HOLD” SERVICE?
When searching NovaCat, you may put a hold on up to 10 items on most circulating books, DVDs, audio books and CDs.
No more calling the circulation desk to request a hold! In most cases, the library will process your hold request within two
business days. However, the process will take longer for items that are already checked out.
You can request for an item located at the Alvin Sherman Library be transported and available for you to pick up at your "home library" (ex: HPD Library) When your hold request is filled, you will receive an email message informing you to pick up your item.
HOW DO I PLACE A HOLD?
- Locate the item in NovaCat.
- Click on the “Hold for Pick-up” button.
- Enter your SharkLink username & password
- Specify a “Cancel if not filled by" date if you need an item before a certain date.
- If your request is successful, you will see a confirmation message on the screen.
- You will be notifed on the screen immediately if your hold request was unsuccessful.