Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Local Patron Policies
HPD Inter-Library Loan and Document Delivery (ILLIAD) Service
Misuse or abuse of the HPD ILL/DocDel Service may result in blocked privleges and/or disciplinary action.
Local Patron Services
- All requests are subject to approval
- Local Patrons may request materials that are not available in (reserve or circulation) from the NSU HPD or Alvin Sherman Library collections
- Local Patrons are limited to a maximum of five (5) requests per day
- Books and other "returnable materials" may be pick-up at the HPD Library
- Local Patrons agree to return materials by their Due Dates (Requests for due date extentions are subject to approval by the library that owns the material)
- Scanned Chapters from books are restricted as follows : No more than one (1) chapter per patron or 10% of the whole work may be delivered to the same patron within 12 months
- Articles are made available for electronic pick-up within each patron's ILLiad account
- All requests are subject to provider License Agreements, Fair Use and Copyright restrictions and are usually handled in accordance to the National Commission on New Technological Uses (CONTU) Guidelines