Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Distance Patrons Policies
HPD Inter-Library Loan and Document Delivery (ILLIAD) Service
Misuse or abuse of the HPD ILL/DocDel Service may result in blocked privleges and/or disciplinary action.
Distance Patron Services
HPD Distance Patrons :
A - have HPD as their home library
B - visit the NSU Davie campus "less than" once per week
- All requests are subject to approval
- Patrons are limited to a maximum of five (5) requests per day
- HPD Distance Patrons may request materials that are both available and not available from the NSU Library collections
- HPD Distance Patrons are limited to a maximum of five (5) requests per day
- Books and other "returnable materials" will be mailed via Media Mail with Signature Confirmation (please make allowances for a 2-3 day delivery and make arrangements for receipt of these materials)
- HPD Distance Patrons agree to return materials by their Due Dates (Requests for due date extentions are subject to approval by the library that owns the material)
- HPD Distance Patrons are provided with an envelope and mailing label for the return of materials
- HPD Distance Patrons (in the USA) may return the materials either through "Media Mail" at their own expense or drop off the material at an NSU Student Educational Center (SEC). We highly recommend that patrons use tracking services.
- Unfortunately, We are not able to send print materials to our patrons in other countries.
- Articles are made available for electronic pick-up within each patron's ILLiad account
- Books that are available in the HPD Reserve collection will not be mailed. Patrons may A - purchase these materials, B - borrow them from a local library, or C - submit a request for chapters from those materials to be scanned and electronically delivered
- Scanned Chapters from books are restricted as follows : No more than one (1) chapter per patron or 10% of the whole work may be delivered to the same patron within 12 months
- All requests are subject to provider License Agreements, Fair Use and Copyright restrictions and are usually handled in accordance to the National Commission on New Technological Uses (CONTU) Guidelines