Come by and checkout an iPad today!
Also available for checkout at HPD Library, (1) Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Setup your account:
1. Create an account in EBSCOhost. From any EBSCO database, including eBooks on EBSCOhost, Select Log In, then Select Create an Account.Follow on screen instructions. Be sure to write down the user name and password you create and store them a safe place. You must be logged into EBSCOhost to download eBooks found there.
2. Download Adobe® Digital Editions. Be sure to write down the user name and password you create because you will use it to sync with the next app.
3. Go to App Store and download the Bluefire Reader app onto your iPad. It will prompt you for your Adobe Digital Edition’s user name and password.
Upon completion you are ready to download your first eBook:
1. After you have found a book you like, Select the Download (Offline) Button.
If you’re not already signed in to your Ebsco account you’ll be prompted to do so.
2. After Selecting the Download (Offline) Button you will get a pop-up screen confirming that you’d like to check out and download the book. First use the drop down menu to select a checkout period. Then Select the large yellow button labeled “Checkout & Download.”
3. This will be followed by two pop ups. One confirming that your book has been successfully checked out, quickly followed by a new screen asking if you want to open the book in the Bluefire Reader. Select the Open in Bluefire Reader Button.
4. If this is your first time downloading a book into the Bluefire Reader, you’ll be prompted to sign in with your Adobe username and password. Once that is done, your book will download onto the Bluefire Reader bookshelf and be available for use!
Some Tools listed include both FREE and FOR PURCHASE apps. Many are cross platform (Apple, Android, Blackberry etc)