Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Keys are OK to leave the library, as long as they are brought back by the time due
The pagers (given out when the rooms are full) - CANNOT be taken out of the HPD Library
Students may not wait in a study rooms with a pager for a key to a different/future room
Limited to 3 hours.
If nobody is waiting to use the room at the end of the 3 hours, the room may be renewed (must be 10 minutes or less before the original time due).
At the end of the 3 hours users may be asked to vacate the room if others are waiting for one.
A $50.00 fee will be charged for lost keys.
Study Room Windows:
Windows on group study rooms must remain uncovered.
(954) 262-3106 for questions
Check Availability in Real Time:
- Study room check out requires vaild NSU photo ID
- HPD students have 1st priority on study rooms
- Non-HPD students may be asked to give up rooms if needed by HPD students
- During exam periods, only HPD students will be allowed to check out rooms
Responsibilities of the user(s):
- The person who checks out the room is responsible for the condition of the room
- Immediately upon entering the room, the user must inspect the room and report any previous damage, graffiti, etc. to the circulation desk (Front Desk)
- Study room patrons are reminded to refrain from loud talking and noise in the rooms and adjacent hallways, so as not to disturb those engaged in quiet study.
- Study rooms in the library as well as the Assembly II building operate with a ’15-minute rule’. If you leave your room unattended for more than 15 minutes, it may be given away to someone else waiting for a room. Any belongings will be stored temporarily on a cart by library staff. Users must leave the room in good condition, with trash put into the proper container, white boards erased, lights off.
- Keys must be returned to the circulation desk
- HPD Library is not responsible for lost or stolen items that are left in study rooms
- Items left behind will be turned over to Public Safety (desk by the entry to the Terry building)
NITE OWL SERVICE
The HPD Library offers a safe and secure late-night study option in the Assembly II building whenever the library is closed. Check in with the attendant upon arrival. All users must have a valid Shark Card to utilize this service. Late-nite study generally begins in September and runs through mid-May.