Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Studio Policy Guidelines
Please follow the procedures outlined below to ensure proper and ongoing use of the Studio. The Library reserves the right to rescind Studio privileges from anyone, given just cause.
- The Studio in the Martin and Gail Press Health Professions Division Library is designed to provide a place for HPD students/faculty/staff to practice and create A/V presentations and multimedia. The Studio cannot be used for any other purpose.
- Only current HPD students/faculty/staff may use the Studio.
- Appointments for using the Studio may be requested during these times (on the hour):
- Monday-Thursday: 8am-10pm;
- Friday: 8am-7pm;
- Saturday-Sunday: 11am-10pm.
- The Studio may be reserved (up to one month in advance) at our online form.. The reservation allotment is dependent on the day of the week and time of reservation.
- Monday - Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm --- One 2 Hour Reservation.
- Monday - Friday After 6:00pm and on Weekends --- 4 Hour Reservation. (Please contact email@example.com for reservations during these times)
- Walk-ins will be accommodated when possible. However, if you have already used your daily reservation, users with reservations or users currently occupying the room will be given preference. If you have already used your daily reservation, you must wait until the Studio is unoccupied to re-enter.
- Cancelations should be made at least 24 hours in advance by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check out the Studio key at the HPD Library Circulation Desk. You must have your valid NSU ID to check out the room.
- To save your work, bring a storage device such as a laptop, SD card or flash drive (8gb for 40-minute presentation; 16gb for 80 minutes). The staff of the Martin and Gail Press Health Professions Division Library are not responsible for files that are lost or deleted from the Studio computers.
- Please arrive on time for your scheduled reservation. After 15 minutes, the reservation will be canceled and someone else may use the room.
- Users are expected to act in a professional manner in the HPD Studio. Patrons will be charge replacement costs for any equipment that is damaged or broken. NSU computing policies will be enforced at all times, including no gaming, shopping, pornography or commercial use of the equipment. For more information, visit the NSU Acceptable Use of Computing Resources page.
- Users must abide by current copyright law and follow the NSU Code of Student Conduct and Academic Responsibility. For more information about current copyright law and plagiarism, visit http://nsufl.libguides.com/plag.
- No food or drinks allowed in Studio with the exception of capped water bottles.
- Circulation Staff are not responsible for troubleshooting or providing training on Studio equipment or software. Assistance with these matters may be provided (contingent on library staff schedules) from 8-4pm M-F. For best success regarding receiving assistance, please e-mail email@example.com at least 48 hours prior to your appointment.
- Give us your feedback and suggestions for improvements for the Studio. Please e-mail idealabs.nova.edu.