Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Library instruction at point of need customized to your students' needs
- Course-specific HPD Library tutorials and LibGuides
- Literature Searches
- Faculty papers research assistance
- Curriculum development support
- New Faculty Orientation
- Endnote Instruction
- Tenure committee assistance re: publications
- Educational technology
- Library links for Canvas
Clinical Faculty and Preceptors
In appreciation for your service as a preceptor or clinical faculty, the Press HPD Library of Nova Southeastern University provides you complimentary access to all of the online materials of the HPD Library.
For more information, please review the Clinical Affiliates guide.
I have a Citation+Abstract, how do I find the full-text?
Do not use journal abbreviations such as Arch Ophal; use the full name.
1. Find HPD Library eJournal subscriptions:
- Look up the Full Journal Title in the Full Text Finder
- Use your citation to find your article's:
---Date (Nov 2008)
---Volume and Issue Number ( 58(3) )
---Page Number and Article title to find PDF
If the results are "0," go to step 2
2. Find a print copy on HPD Library shelves:
- Look for the Full Journal Title in the Library Catalog
- Check dates "Library has" such as 1996-2009
If the results are "No matches found," go to step 3
3. Order the article using Interlibrary Loan
If you are using a library database, use the FIND IT button to follow the same steps.
The Press HPD Library strives to obtain one copy per 50 students of each required HPD textbook. Electronic versions of the textbook are purchased when available. If an electronic version is not available, a print copy will be placed in the Print Reserves collection. To obtain access to the this collection, please see the Library Front Desk.
Print Reserves Policy:
- Limited checkout time
- Library Use Only to allow maximize access for your students.
- Students, staff, and faculty can request a select number of chapters be scanned and sent to them via the InterLibrary Loan/Document Delivery
Textbook not on reserve?
If a required course textbook isn't currently available through NSULibraries or you'd like to recommend another item, please submit a Purchase Request or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ordering Materials for the Library Collection
Hold a Book
How to Place a Hold
Want to place a hold on a book? Do you want a book from Sherman Library delivered to HPD Library for pickup? Use the Library Catalog! Lookup a title and place a Hold for local users (main campus) or request mail delivery (distance users)